Poetika at Literatura

"Rediscover the Sentimentality, Creativeness and Artistry of Filipino people through the Selected Compilation of Philippines' Beautiful works of Art through Writing..."





Main Article(s)/ (Mga) Pangunahing Artikulo


You Ask Me How Much I Love You

by  Benito F. Reyes



You ask me how much I love you
Ah, lovely inquisitive lips!
You would want to fathom the ocean
And scale the infinite blue sky above us.

Shall I count the sands on the seashore,
Or pick the numberless stars of heaven
Like some sweet woodland blossoms?

Ask then the bold eagle of the air
If he could soar the ends of the distance,
Or the worm of the ground if it could crawl
Down to the very core of earth.

And you ask me how much I love you,
Ah, lovely inquisitive lips!
You would want to fathom the ocean
And scale the infinite blue sky above us.

Read! Read the answer in my eyes
And in the quiverless muteness of my lips...
For there are things that are voiceless
And would be told only in the silence!


Copyright © 2011 by J. Estoque
All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

lizzaine said...

what's the interpretation of this poem? please answer I badly need that for my report.

LIli'shin Axhel said...

Lizzaine . help! ?

Lili'shin Axhel said...


help . ! information lang about sa Poem ? plss :))

Rukkie Axhel said...

help. ! ! !
information lang about
sa poem ? plssss

I. Table of Contents/ Tala ng Mga Nilalaman


A. Collection of Literatures/ Koleksyon ng mga Literatura