Prayers of an Old Tree



Jm Benavidez Estoque





Oh! Wearied now was my body laid into rest...
Beneath the benevolent skies... slept into peace,
Whose my Mind and my Heart wandered to her nests
... Beyond the clouds of my silent life.

Often was my heart hears
The lyre of gentle breeze laid despair
... Whose willed am I to make life happy
Loneliness still was my dear friend

Oh yes! The silent spring that runs to my thirst
... like a love who learned to long for God
So often that my heart wept,
"Comfort me, Oh Lord... guide me through my days!"

"Through the sweet calm breeze, my traveller friend,
... please hear my voice, my wish be blest!
Swaying with hope, my fragile body, with the winds
Hoping that my prayers shall catch you from afar!"

So often was my eyes dazzled by your love
unto the heavens of your cheerful smile;
... Shining bright, curtains of sun
... unto the stars woderfurlly glisten' at the night

Please keep mind to those songs of praises,
... by birds of the air, my very old friends:
... who dance with the breezes, amidst joyful singing,
Praising Your wonders upon sweet morning spring

"To Thee, I raised my arms
Longing to honor Your majestic presence...
Amidst weeping and dreaming ,
... Longing was my soul to Your ever sweet Paradise!"

Old and ragged... and weak now I am
... But hope that my heart would weep for Thy love...!

Copyright © 2009 by J. Estoque
All Rights Reserved

Comments

Strawberry Girl said…
Beautiful, natures longing voice heard through your words.

SG
JM Estoque said…
Yes! for every creation of God... there's always an innate music that we can hear from them... and that is the music of passionate emotions!

And it is in us if we choose to teach ourselves to every musics that our mother nature sings!

:)

Thanks for stopping by!
Hope to see you again... :D
Anonymous said…
i wonder what is the figurative meaning beyond that poem???

its really wonderful!

Popular Posts

Disclaimer

The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Poetika at Literatura” and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.

Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Poetika at Literatura”. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.

Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Poetika at Literatura” takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.


J.M. Benavidez Estoque "Poetika at Literatura"
All Rights Reserved
Copyright © 2009 - 2021